FAQs Prix Média awards and research sponsorship 30+
With the application form for Prix Média and the application form for research sponsorship 30+: see the section "Application". The completed application form is then sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for the research sponsorship 30+, two previously published contributions must also be submitted as pdf or with wetransfer.
Yes, it is.
The person(s) who apply or are nominated for the award. These are usually authors of contributions, "content-creators" of video contributions or hypertext. A maximum of two people are awarded per entry.
It is not a voice of an educational, research or other organization. PR communication is identified in an independent medium, for example, with publicity articles or "sponserd by".
A journalistic contribution (text, video, podcast, hypertext, blog, etc.) is published in an independent, regularly appearing medium (such as newspaper, magazine, print or online).
In Switzerland, media professionals have created a self-regulation with this code. The Swiss Press Council monitors compliance with the code ("Declaration of the Duties and Rights of Journalists").
The concept should include the following points:
- A short description of the topic
- Insights into the planned research, e.g. possible interview partners
- Time frame of the research
- If possible, the medium for the publication of the contribution
- A description of the measures to grant scientific accuracy
- Planned journalistic form (article, video, podcast, hypertext etc.)
- Original or novel formats are evaluated particularly positively.
- Applications are made using the appropriate form in the "Application" section of this website.
The Prix Média is awarded to an independent, outstanding and relevant scientific journalistic contribution in terms of its professional and journalistic quality.
When awarding the research sponsorships 30+, particular attention is paid to the technical and journalistic quality and the relevance of the planned contribution. Original or novel formats will be evaluated particularly positively.
FAQs Prix Média Newcomer awards
- Introduce yourself: Name, Study, Work, Date of Birth
- Give a brief introduction to the topic and give an insight into the measures planned to ensure scientific quality (e.g. type of research, interview partners, etc.)
- Form of the contribution (video, mobile journalism, classic report, other)
- Possibly give a short insight into the planned research (interviews, evaluation of studies, classical research, etc.)
The project outlines will be judged with regard to the scientific-journalistic potential of the contribution, the creativity and independence of the idea and the scientific character. Original or novel formats will be evaluated particularly positively.
The application can be submitted as pdf or via wetransfer as video file by mail to email@example.com.
No, the Prix Média Newcomer is a grant for research. Three science journalism projects are each sponsored with 3000.- swiss francs and a winner's prize of 4000.- swiss francs is awarded.
In May, all applicants will be informed personally by e-mail about the awarding of the research grants.
The three winners will have time from the opening in May to mid-August to implement the contributions. From mid-August until ScienceComm20’ in mid-september, the winner will be chosen by public voting. He or she will then receive the Prix Média Newcomer Prize worth 4000.- swiss francs.
The prizes will be awarded during ScienceComm'20 on 19 September 17th 2020.