The a+ Prix Média Newcomer awards
research contributions for young talents
The Prix Média Newcomer awards three research contributions of CHF 3000 CHF and a winning prize of CHF 4000.
We are looking for media professionals or students under 31 years of age who wish to implement projects in the field of science journalism. Exciting articles, creative video contributions or interactive web projects – there are no limits to creativity. The three best ideas will be supported with CHF 3000 each for journalistic implementation. The three sponsored articles will be published on this website and distributed via social media. With public-voting on this site, the public’s favourite will be voted on this site and win CHF 4000.
- Describe your idea as a project sketch – max. 2’000 characters
- Or make a video of your idea – max. 2 minutes
- Introduce yourself with a short CV (video or text)
- The three winners will be informed in May and submit their final entries by 23 August at the latest.
- The contributions will then be put online on this page – and the public voting will begin
The contribution must be made in Switzerland in one of the four national languages. Only one contribution is allowed per call. Emphasis is placed on ensuring scientific accuracy. The entry is made according to the application procedure on this page. The deadlines for submitting the application and for submitting the completed contribution must be observed. All media channels are permitted for contributions. A prizewinner can only stand for reapplication after two years. The journalist code of the Swiss Press Council must be observed in the contribution. Answers to frequently asked questions can be found in the FAQs.